Wellmo in Brief
Wellmo is a cloud-based mobile platform for insurance companies. The only pure and comprehensive platform product on the market allows insurance companies to effectively leverage a wide range of third-party apps, international and local health service partners as well as assets they already have built for themselves. The Wellmo app works on iOS, Android and Windows Phone devices, and supports more than 100 health devices.
Wellmo has years of R&D behind it as part of the Nokia Wellness business. Wellmo is developed and marketed by Mobile Wellness Solutions MWS Ltd. which is owned by its executive team, key employees and private investors. Wellmo currently employs 15 people. Wellmo is headquartered in the Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland.
Wellmo’s founder Jaakko Olkkonen got personally interested in wellness and the way in which our own habits impact our wellbeing roughly 10 years ago. He was taking a sabbatical from his executive role at Nokia, and realised he needed to make changes to his own habits. Upon his return to work, Jaakko got into health tech and lead Nokia’s Wellness business for several years leading a team of 60 people before Nokia closed down the unit as part of its business restructuring.
Jaakko saw the enormous potential within health tech, and decided to found Wellmo together with Sampo Niskanen, a lead developer working in Jaakko’s team. Wellmo licensed Nokia’s Wellness Diary mobile application, which had over 1 million downloads, and started to develop a business around it.
Images & Resources
Here you can view and download our mediakit resources.
Full resolution images for print / web:
Check out our press releases:
- Wellmo to help German insurance industry develop new digital health services in cooperation with Sanvartis (09.11.2017)
- Wellmo Awarded ISO 27001 Certification (05.07.2017)
- Leading European Health Startups are Joining Forces to Better Serve Insurers (12.06.2017)
- Wellmo raises €1.3 Million in First Round of Funding (20.04.2017)
- Wellmo launches cloud-based platform to run employee wellness programs (18.11.2014)
- Hyvinvointiteknologiat mahdollistavat ennakoivan ja välittävän työterveyshuollon (in Finnish)
Blogs & Media
Wellmo featured in media and blogs:
- Wellmo mobile health platform joins EIT Digital Accelerator to conquer new customers and markets | EIT Digital
- New digital health services developed for the German insurance industry | XPRIMM
- Wellmo raises €1.3 Million in First Round of Funding | Kauppalehti
- Nokia break-up cast as a catalyst for Finland’s tech boom | Financial Times
- Finnish startup pursues a bigger vision for health tech | Good News from Finland
- Jumping Into A Wellness Platform | Tech Crunch
- Joko digitaalisuus kolahti? | IBM blog
- Kaikki terveystiedot yhdessä paikassa – testissä Taltioni | Tekes
- Suomi mielii takaisin terveysteknologian kärkikastiin | Tekes
- Uusia yrityksiä Innovation Millin kautta | Tekes